How To Perform a Seated Massage At Home
8th Jun 2020
The talented massage therapists here at SenSpa have shared their massage wisdom so you can enjoy a little bit of SenSpa in your own home.
Seated Massage Routine – 5 minutes
Make sure the person receiving the massage is sitting comfortable with their legs un-crossed.
- Place your palms on the shoulders and then ask the recipient of your massage to close their eyes and take 3 deep breaths.
- Stroke your hands from the bottom of the shoulder blades up over the shoulders and down to the elbows. Repeat 3 times.
- Place a hand on each shoulder and use your fingers and thumbs to knead and squeeze the muscles. Repeat 10 times.
- Repeat the last movement with both hands alternately kneading on one side and then the other side. Repeat 10 times.
- Use your palms to alternately push the shoulders down in a rhythmic motion moving inwards and outwards.
- Squeeze your hands down the arms to the elbows and back up. Repeat 3 times.
- Use your thumbs to press on 3 points on top of the shoulders. Hold each point for a couple of seconds.
- Walk the thumbs alternately down the spine, up and down.
- Circle your thumb around the shoulder blades, being careful not to press on the bone. Go up and down on the other side. Repeat 3 times.
- Finish by placing both palms on the shoulders, then remove hands slowly and shake off any negative energy.
To unwind, de-stress and recharge why not purchase a gift voucher for a massage at SenSpa? From traditional Thai massage to stress-relieving back, neck and shoulder massage, the healing hands of our therapists will work wonders.
“The only thing missing from this otherwise authentic experience, is the jet lag”.
Sunday Times Travel
The SenSpa Health Club has become a second home to me! The staff are really friendly and I particularly enjoy the PT sessions - the social activities make it feel more like a club than a gym!"
"Greeted with a friendly 'sawadeeka', snug white robe, slippers and a cup of hot Thai green tea, SenSpa guests are treated to an impressive two-floor hydrotherapy haven."
"Why fly to Thailand? Lose the spa miles and go to the New Forest instead. The authentic Thai influence sets SenSpa apart from other spas."
The Good Spa Guide
"We are B-I-G fans of SenSpa‘s bodycare and haircare: unbelievably good value, and performance that rivals products 5, 6, sometimes 10 times the price.".
The Beauty Bible
“The spa seems to have done wonders for my skin, which now feels fresh and super soft”.
National Geographic Traveller
“The award-winning Thai spa is the highlight, featuring what I've found to be the widest range of spa experiences in Hampshire”.
"Aim to spend a good part of the day in the spa – there’s so much to enjoy you’ll thank yourself for sacrificing a Saturday morning lie-in”.
Special Offers & Wellness Tips Straight To Your Inbox
Join The SenSpa VIP Club
Our Awards & Accreditations