I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank you for your loyalty, trust and continued support. In the summer we stepped tentatively into 'freedom day' and we have continued to uphold all the extra sanitation procedures we have introduced over the last 16 months. We have asked that staff continue to wear face coverings for the time being and we encourage guests to also wear them when in public areas of the spa but appreciate this is completely optional. The feedback we have received over the summer period has shown that our guests feel safe visiting SenSpa and we aim to continue with the additional measures we have implemented until we are through these extraordinary times.
Please have a read of the Covid-19 procedures and precautions below that will be in place during your visit.
The Autumn and Winter is a wonderful time to enjoy the warmth and comfort of a spa and we look forward to welcoming you to SenSpa
Lina Lotto - Spa Director
Our 'Spa Confident' Pledge
We have devised a health and safety program in accordance with the HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Spa Association – our support partner. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, our internal operating practices and procedures will be continuously reviewed and updated as necessary.
- The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance during these times. All team members have undergone mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have also introduced 'Health and Safety Ambassadors', to implement and oversee all new practices, procedures and training.
- All team members are required to take a lateral flow test twice weekly and must stay at home and follow official guidance on self-isolating should they feel unwell.
- All team members are required to sanitise their hands at regular intervals.
- All team members are required to wear PPE as appropriate.
- All teams maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
- We kindly ask that guests continue to wear face coverings when in public areas, but appreciate this is at your own discretion.
- All guests are sent an online health questionnaire prior to arrival and are required to complete it online at least 24 hours before their arrival date.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please self-isolate for 7 days and arrange to be tested if you have any of these symptoms.
- Credit/debit card is preferred for contactless payments.
- We will continue with reduced guest numbers throughout the spa so that we can provide a safe and secure experience.
- The Spa Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
Our Suppliers & Partners
- Any deliveries are received at the ‘goods delivery door’ and suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment or are authorised to do so.
- Access to back of house areas are restricted to staff only.
HEALTH & HYGIENE
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of common touch points, e.g. lobby areas, public bathrooms, dining chairs/tables and sanitising areas using a virucidal/bactericidal disinfectant fogger. The entire spa is cleaned and disinfected with virucidal/bactericidal disinfectant fogger overnight and after every class.
- Hand sanitising stations are in place throughout the hotel and spa.
- Non-essential items have been removed to reduce cross-contamination. e.g magazines, books and newspapers.
- Spa seating in reception, restaurant and relaxation rooms has been rearranged or screened to allow for social distancing.
- When we feel that the risk of cross contamination is significantly reduced we will re-introduce magazines but in the meantime we will err on the side of caution
- Therapists sanitise hands before and after treatment as they have always done. We ask guests to either wash hands or use disinfectant gel before and after the treatment as well.
- Treatment room surfaces are cleaned and disinfected after each use. Each room is fogged with disinfectant every night.
- It has always been our policy to change linens and disinfect gel face rests and equipment after each guest and we will continue with this.
- Given the personal nature of treatments we already have a high level of disinfection procedures in place, however we will be increasing the frequency of disinfection of therapists’ preparation rooms.
- Therapists wear a mask for each individual guest.
- We kindly ask that guests wear face coverings when laying face up on the couch during their treatments (excluding facials).
Spa and leisure facilities
- Every guest is strictly required to shower before entering any of the pools. 75% of bacteria is removed by simple showering which leaves more available chlorine to kill virus and bacteria.
- Hydrotherapy access wristbands are disinfected after each use.
- The chlorine level in the pools has been increased and pH reduced in line with Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG) guidelines for Covid-19.
- Three swimming lanes are marked to ensure social distancing. Two may be pre-booked and the third is for those who wish to just have a quick dip.
- Soft furnishings have been removed from pool loungers to mitigate the risk of contamination.
- We kindly ask guests to disinfect gym equipment after each use. Staff will also disinfect the gym and equipment regularly.
- Sanitising stations are placed throughout the gym
- Gym staff will wear face visors.
- Gym equipment has been screened to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- We ask that you do not bring towels/’sweat towels’ to the gym or to classes. Please wear sweat bands instead to avoid cross-contamination.
Open for spa members only.
- Classes will recommence for up to 10 attendies in the studio
- Exercise mats are disinfected with high pressure/temperature steam cleaning after each use. Please do not bring your own mat unless it has been throughly disinfected, to avoid cross contamination.
- The room used for classes is fogged after each class
- We ask that you do not bring towels/’sweat towels’ to classes. Please wear sweat bands instead to avoid cross-contamination.
Currently open for spa day guests and members only.
- Staggered arrivals for spa day guests to maintain social distancing.
- Hotel guests are asked to use their bedroom as a changing facility.
- Locker keys will continue to be issued at spa reception and our members are required to sign in and out. Lockers are then disinfected after each use.
- Linen baskets are lined to minimise staff contact with used linens.
- Laundry is bagged appropriately and laundered at 60 degrees plus or if that is not possible we will use detergent that is guaranteed to kill virus.
“The only thing missing from this otherwise authentic experience, is the jet lag”.
Sunday Times Travel
The SenSpa Health Club has become a second home to me! The staff are really friendly and I particularly enjoy the PT sessions - the social activities make it feel more like a club than a gym!"
"Greeted with a friendly 'sawadeeka', snug white robe, slippers and a cup of hot Thai green tea, SenSpa guests are treated to an impressive two-floor hydrotherapy haven."
"Why fly to Thailand? Lose the spa miles and go to the New Forest instead. The authentic Thai influence sets SenSpa apart from other spas."
The Good Spa Guide
"We are B-I-G fans of SenSpa‘s bodycare and haircare: unbelievably good value, and performance that rivals products 5, 6, sometimes 10 times the price.".
The Beauty Bible
“The spa seems to have done wonders for my skin, which now feels fresh and super soft”.
National Geographic Traveller
“The award-winning Thai spa is the highlight, featuring what I've found to be the widest range of spa experiences in Hampshire”.
"Aim to spend a good part of the day in the spa – there’s so much to enjoy you’ll thank yourself for sacrificing a Saturday morning lie-in”.
Special Offers & Wellness Tips Straight To Your Inbox
Join The SenSpa VIP Club
Our Awards & Accreditations