FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions with answers to help you to get the best out of your visit to SenSpa
If you are unable to find the answer to your question, please call our reservations team on 01590 624467 or contact us online
How Do I Make A Booking?
Our treatments are usually well booked in advance, so please be sure to reserve these when you book your Spa Day or Spa Break.
What Happens If I Have To Cancel?
- Should you wish to cancel we kindly request 48 hours’ notice to avoid a cancelation charge. Any payments made will be issued back to you in the form of a voucher for you to use towards any spa services.
- If a Spa Break is cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice, the first night payment will be taken as a cancellation charge. Full charges will be imposed for a 'no show'.
- Cancellation of treatments with less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a cancellation fee of 50%.
What Should I Bring With Me?
- Swimwear (you may wish to bring two sets of swimwear so that you have a dry set.)
- We will provide you with Thai Pyjamas for your mind and body class, but you are welcome to bring your own sportswear or comfortable clothing instead.
- If you are using a gift voucher to pay for your spa day, remember to bring this with you.
- We will provide you with a robe, slippers, and towels.
- If you would like to bring your own footwear for poolside use, please ensure they are non-slip and suitable for wet areas.
- Our changing rooms have private cubicles and are fully equipped with hair dryers, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.
- We recommend you leave jewellery and valuables at home.
- If you are staying overnight with us, bring suitable walking shoes and outdoor clothing so you can explore the New Forest national park.
What Time Should I Arrive?
- We will send you an itinerary which will indicate your arrival time and your programme for the day.
- If you are staying overnight with us, your bedroom will be avaiable from 3pm, but you can use the spa facilities from 9am on your arrival day.
- Arriving late will simply limit the treatment time you receive. If you have not already completed a health questionnaire we will ask you to do this beforehand, so please allow 10 minutes before your treatment time.
What Should I Wear?
- Arrive to the spa in whatever you feel good in.
- You can wear your bathrobe or Thai pyjamas in all areas of the spa including during lunch at the Zen Garden Restaurant.
- Swimwear must be work at all times in the hydrotherapy or pool area.
- You can wear yourn own comfortable clothes for your mind and body class with bare feet or we will provide Thai Pyjamas.
- You may wish to bring a pair of cosy socks to keep feet warm during relaxation.
- If you are dining in the evening at The Zen Garden Restaurant, the dress code is smart casual so please bring a change of clothes for dinner.
- It is best to go to your treatment in your bathrobe or Thai Pyjamas. If you have neither of these, just come as you are. For full body massages, body scrubs and body wraps your therapist will ask you to remove all your clothing asking you to leave on underpants or give you paper underwear, depending on your preference. For facials and head massage you will be asked to remove your top and for women to lower their bra straps.
Should I do Anything Before I Arrive?
SenSpa is all about relaxation, pampering and indulgence but your visit can also be a great way to kick-start a nutritional, fitness or detoxification programme. Make your visit more effective by:
- Increasing your water intake
- Eating fresh, raw fruit and salads at home for a couple of days before your visit.
- We will be pleased to provide a salad lunch or juices if you are detoxing. Just let us know what you require.
How Do I Decide Which Treatment Is Best For Me?
- Think about what you would like to achieve and how much time you have to spend with us. You may wish to simply relax and relieve tension or you may have areas that need special attention. Perhaps you would like to experience something completely different.
- Once you have decided what your main aim is, then browse through our treatment menu. The descriptions will explain each treatment and its benefits.
- Or contact our reservations team on 01590 624467 to guide you through the choices to help you make the best selection.
- If you are pregnant, we recommend a facial, manicure or pedicure. After 13 weeks we recommend you have our pregnancy massage. We do not recommend hydrotherapy throughout your pregnancy.
- If you have a lymphatic disorder or unmedicated high blood pressure, some treatments will not be suitable for you. Please let us know in advance so that we may best advise you.
I Have A Special Diet. Can You Accommodate Me?
- All our dishes are made from scratch and can be modified as required or freshly created for vegetarians or vegans
- Some of the dishes on our menu may contain nuts, seed or other allergens. If you have an allergy or intolerance to any food please let us know. We we will be pleased to make the necessary arrangements for you.
Can I Use My Mobile Phone In The Spa?
SenSpa is a sanctuary of tranquillity, a place to dedicate time to you, away from the demands of everyday life. We respectfully ask you to switch your mobile phone off, enjoy the peace and serenity and just relax.
I Have Some Health Considerations. What Should I Do?
- Please tell us about any health conditions you may have.
- Ask one of our reservations team for advice on which treatments are most suitable for you and whether hydrotherapy is appropriate.
- To ensure the best possible care, we advise you to consult with your doctor if you have unmedicated high blood pressure, heart condition, have a lymphatic disorder or have any other medical condition.
Do You Offer Facilities For People With Disabilities?
- Most areas of the spa are wheel chair accessible.
- A hoist is available for both the main pool and hydrotherapy pool
- Staff on hand to assist 24 hours a day
“The only thing missing from this otherwise authentic experience, is the jet lag”.
Sunday Times Travel
The SenSpa Health Club has become a second home to me! The staff are really friendly and I particularly enjoy the PT sessions - the social activities make it feel more like a club than a gym!"
"Greeted with a friendly 'sawadeeka', snug white robe, slippers and a cup of hot Thai green tea, SenSpa guests are treated to an impressive two-floor hydrotherapy haven."
"Why fly to Thailand? Lose the spa miles and go to the New Forest instead. The authentic Thai influence sets SenSpa apart from other spas."
The Good Spa Guide
"We are B-I-G fans of SenSpa‘s bodycare and haircare: unbelievably good value, and performance that rivals products 5, 6, sometimes 10 times the price.".
The Beauty Bible
“The spa seems to have done wonders for my skin, which now feels fresh and super soft”.
National Geographic Traveller
“The award-winning Thai spa is the highlight, featuring what I've found to be the widest range of spa experiences in Hampshire”.